Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Great Blondin

We all have hero's, even an old man like me. As a child my hero was the great Blondin, a high wire walker. I learned all about him and with the help of my brothers and sisters, we found a long pole to use for balance and I got up on a fence post and my sister handed me the pole and I fell of that barb wire fence many times before I got the hang of it. When I got good I did tricks for my sisters and brothers. But walking on the fence loosened the wire and when my dad caught us, it all ended... On the fence. So we chose my moms cloths line. I climbed up the post on one side and my sister handed me my balancing pole and off I went. It was kinda scary at first because it was a lot higher then the fence. But I got control of myself and it was so nice and springy, so I started going up and down like on a trampoline as I walked along. then twang, it snapped, and I went down, down and that was the first time I had gotten the wind knocked out of me and I couldn't breath and thought I was going to die. Then I here my sister yelling Russey mom, and she and all my support was gone. I got more then my breath back and never walked on my moms cloths line again. Not long after we found this old cable and dragged it home. We lived next to a dredge ditch, and we got it tied to a tree on each side of it with wires and I put on shows from then on for my loyal best friends, my brothers and sisters. My dad never found that cable, and I enjoyed many more time breathless with the wind knocked out of me.

No comments: